Saturday, May 24, 2008

He's Always There

When Shasta meets Aslan, Aslan asks him to tell of all his sorrows. Shasta tells his entire life story, of how he was brought up by Arsheesh and even up until the journey his is on at that time. Throughout the conversation, Shasta insists that he is very unfortunate, but Aslan disagrees. Aslan tells Shasta,
"I was the lion...I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to a shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you."

What if we could step out of time for a moment and have a conversation with God, where He explained our lives to us and told us all about why things have happened. I think God might say to us that He has orchestrated all of it, that He's always been there, guiding us, even when we couldn't tell and even when we were scared of the guidance. I think we might just realize that He is sovereign enough to fulfill His plans of our destination, and loving enough to allow us to choose how to get there.

He is always there.

No comments: