Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MEN

So, last week I did something incredibly STUPID. I am not going to talk about what I did via blog, but for all of you readers out there (I know that there are at least 3 of you), the fact that it was really stupid should suffice. Anyway, while talking with Sarah, my parents, and my friend Jim about the situation, it came up several times that I no longer really have a group of guy friends that I just hang out with and with whom I can have accountability, as well as just be men together. In high school I had a group of guy friends who all lived near me. We grew up together and in high school went to church together, played ball together, swam together, learned HTML code together (yeah, we were pretty geeky back then, too), and got into trouble together. In college, I had the famous Unit F, the guys in my dorm, with whom I was able to have regular Bible studies and hangout and talk time together.
Acts 2:42 says "They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer."
Proverbs 27:17 says "Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another."
Now, with my busy schedule, I don't really have any guys to hang out with and just talk and be men together. Sarah and I meet with our LifeGroup from Crossroads, which is a group of 6 couples, but we usually meet as a group of couples, not men and women separately.
Here's where I'm going with this: are there any man who are Disciples of Christ and live around Greenville/Mauldin/Simpsonville who would be willing and able to meet on Thursdays at 6:30 in the morning at Bojangles on Woodruff Rd.? I don't even know if any guys in Greenville read this, but this is where I'm starting to try and find a group of men to meet with. If any of you are interested in this, let me know (and let me know before you just show up at Bojangles, because I won't be there if I am not going to meet anyone).

"Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible love." Ephesians 6:23-24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hal,
If only I was closer by just a few more miles I would be there with bells on. I have no doubt you will have takers on your invitation.

God's speed,
Bill