Friday, September 14, 2007

Yelling and Screaming

As I've mentioned before, I've been reading the Harry Potter books. Last week I finished book number 5, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is also the most recent movie. At the end of the book, however, there is something different than in the movie. Of course, I won't get into any specifics about the plot and outcome, in case some of you are planning on reading them, but I will say this: at the end of the book, Harry is in Dumbledore's office and is yelling and screaming at Dumbledore as loud and passionately as is humanly (or wizardly, I guess) possible. Harry starts throwing things in the office and turning tables over, but through this whole tantrum that Harry throws, Dumbledore just sits there at his desk, with his fingers placed together (as he often does, if you'll take the time to read the books and notice). Dumbledore allows Harry to yell and scream and pretty much freak out and get out all of his aggression, anger, confusion, etc.
I think that, in some way, God is like this with us. I think God would rather we came before him yelling and screaming at Him, upset at the way He's done things, because we don't and can't comprehend Him, and sometimes He just sits there and lets us vent. I'm not saying that God doesn't listen, nor does He fail to respond to us. All I'm saying in this blog is that I believe God would rather us come before Him in all of our anger and confusion rather than putting on pretenses that we are happy and completely pleased and content. God is not fooled when we put on masks, just as Dumbledore would not have been fooled if Harry had acted the way he "should" have in front of the Headmaster of Hogwarts. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Another inspirational message. Thanks, Bill