Friday, July 6, 2007

Friendship

Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple of days. I had two finals this week for summer school, and the next term starts this Monday. Does it never end! It's all good, though. God has taken care of me thus far (even when I've doubted), and I know that He'll continue to do so (even when I doubt again).
Today I had the opportunity to go back up to the camp I used to work at (Awanita Valley http://www.awanita.org ) with my good friend Jim. We went to visit our friend Lauren and just hang out for a few hours. After that we went to another camp to see a couple of other friends. I have to say that just a few hours with true Christian friends can totally pick you up and encourage your spirit in a way that few things can, even though the hours today were not filled with intentional encouragement. It's good to know that I have friends who are genuinely joyed to see me, and I hope they know I am joyed to see them.
Thank you, God, for not allowing us to go through this life without the companionship of true friends. Thank you for knowing that, although You are all we truly need, we often desire to have those friendships, and You use those friendships to bring us closer to You.

No comments: