Sunday, November 18, 2007

What a Week

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. The last couple of weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Sarah and I were planning on moving to a new apartment this past week, so we've been packing and getting everything ready. Well, we signed our lease on Tuesday, and I told the office there that the apartment needed to be fumigated before we moved our furniture in on Thursday. At that point, I had already moved numerous boxes and tubs and a table and four chairs and some other odds and ends over there. Well, we stopped by Wednesday afternoon to check on it, and nothing had been done. I have to say that even at my worst, I have never felt as bad as I did when Sarah started to cry because of the infestation problem, which seemed to be getting worse daily. Well, we took matters into our own hands and bug-bombed the apartment Wednesday. Thursday, we rented a Penske truck, took the day off from work, as well as had a couple of friends, Rich and Dustin, take off from work, to move. Sarah got to the new apartment Thursday morning and things were EVEN WORSE. After jumping through hoops and waiting all day Thursday, we managed to completely get out of our lease there, but we didn't have a place to move at the end of the month. Fortunately, my parents and Sarah's parents all came over to help us unload the moving truck Thursday evening so that we could return it and weren't paying to keep the truck while we were stuck in limbo.
Well, Friday morning we went to talk to the office at our current apartment complex, and they set us up with a nice apartment in the same complex. Whew! So, yesterday, we started moving (AGAIN) and should finally finish up this Tuesday. Man, life can be stressful sometimes, can't it? Thank goodness we have a God who knows our needs and is willing and able to supply for ALL of them.
Oh, by the way, we took a time out from moving to go to the Clemson game last night, where Clemson choked and gave away the ACC championship. What the crap!

1 comment:

The Way She Thinks said...

I wish I had your skills at doing the whole "to make a long story short" thing work. My short stories still take forever. Ha-ha! Sorry about crying, but I think a bug infestation is worth crying over. :) So glad we're on the upside of things now. Love you!