Tuesday, November 6, 2007

If you don't like who you are, then become who you were created to be

Adam – wasn’t spiritual leader
Noah – drunk
Abraham – doubted God would fulfill His promises
Jacob – deceiver
King Saul – was impatient and didn’t trust in God’s timing
David – lusted, conspired, and murdered
Jeremiah – complained
Peter – hotheaded denier
Thomas – doubted
James and John – prideful
Paul – pious and suffered from at least one physical ailment
Timothy – too young and had an ulcer

Hal – all of the above

"Why would we take the worst moments in our lives and make it the defining characteristics of who were going to be forever?" - Erwin McManus

I know who I was. I was a sinner. I was dead in my transgressions. I was lost.
I am not that man any longer. The core of my being has been changed. Yes, I may screw up from time to time (sometimes I screw up more than others), but it is because I do not do what I want to do, and what I do not want to do, I do. My God has exchanged my flesh for His Spirit, and the core of who I am is centered on Him, and not on me.

"If you don't like who you are, then become who you were created to be." - Erwin McManus

1 comment:

The Way She Thinks said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord transforms us from the very things we hate into something worthwhile and amazing!? Good post baby!