Friday, January 30, 2009

The Week In Review

This week was reeeeeeeeeeeeally long. It wasn't bad at all, but just long.

Monday we had parent-teacher conferences at school. That means that my work day was over 13 hours long. It didn't help that I woke up tired, so by the end of the day, I was kaput.

Tuesday was great. Nothing spectacular.

Wednesday, I left work right at 3:30. My head was pounding, and I had a meeting with my principal and curriculum coordinator near the end of the day, so I couldn't really leave early. I went home and crashed on the couch and just sat there until Sarah and I went to bed.
I figured, the work I didn't get to do because I left early could easily be made up on Thursday morning, considering I get to school before 7 each day.

Thursday, I overslept, which means the work I had put off on Wednesday couldn't get done before school on Thursday. Not most of it, anyway. I still got to school on time and with time to spare, but the whole day I felt like I was running behind and missing things.

Friday was a Friday. My students were relatively well-behaved and respectful, but it was Friday all the same, and so they were somewhat antsy and inattentive.

That's my week in a nutshell. The plans for the weekend - lounge around and relax.

No comments: