Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Normals

Today I was listening to one of my all-time favorite bands, The Normals, and a line out of one of their songs caught my attention. It's caught my attention in the past, but, once again, I thought about it.

"We're children playing with guns, children playing with hearts"

Are any of you playing with hearts? Maybe your own? Maybe someone else's? I think we've taken intimacy (and by that, I mean true relationship, not physical intimacy) and made it a game. A person's heart is nothing something to be trifled with. It's a very serious part of them...I'd go as far as to say it's the most important part.

Is someone playing with your heart? Are you playing with someone else's? It needs to stop. Playing with hearts is as dangerous as playing with guns, and even moreso.

Life is not a game. That doesn't mean that you can't have fun, but consider others as more important than yourselves. Do that one thing, and you'll never go wrong.

No comments: