Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nothing Spectacular

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. Life has been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. A couple weeks ago I ended up spending about 60 hours at work, so the last thing I wanted to do in my free time was sit down and think and write a blog. Last week, however, I hadn't blogged because Sarah (my wife) and I were on VACATION! We went to visit our friends Will and Diana in Surfside Beach, SC. It was great to just go relax and do nothing for a few days. Will and Diana don't feel the need to babysit us while we're in town visiting them, so for the most part they went about their regular routines, while Sarah and I spent our mornings at the beach and our afternoons relaxing or shopping at the Tanger outlet. We also go to go play putt-putt Monday night with them, which is something we both enjoy doing (even though neither of us is very good, and we lost). Last Friday we also took the opportunity to go hiking at White Water Falls in North Carolina. It was great fun. It's been a long time since Sarah and I went hiking together. I loved it, and I know she did too.

As a break from reading intellectually and spiritually thought-provoking books, I've started reading the Harry Potter books, by J.K. Rowling. I've read through the first three (which are the short ones) and now I'm in the middle of The Goblet of Fire. It's pretty cool to go back and read them after watching the movies, which I really like, although I wish I had read them first. There are a lot of little things in the movies that you would never notice had you not read the books. Of course, like all book-to-movie edits, a lot of things are changed, and the books are definitely better.
Anyway, I think that's all I have to say for now. Hopefully soon I'll have some life-altering epiphany for you to read about.

1 comment: