Monday, March 3, 2008

SOnTheM 39

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' " Matthew 7:21-23

It's easy to go with the flow when you're around "church-folk" and act like a Christ-follower. It's even easy to do some type of "mission work" when you're with other people who have a true relationship with Christ. It's something totally different to have that relationship with Christ, though. Jesus' goal in coming to earth, living a sinless life, and dying on a cross, though He did not deserve it, was not so that He could fill all of the empty space in heaven. He did those things so that you and I could live alongside Him, in relationship.

If you don't know Christ, then it doesn't matter who else you do know. It makes no difference what you've done or how you've acted...if Jesus won't be able to say that He knows you, then all is vanity.

May you know Christ, and make Him known.

No comments: